Saturday, October 24, 2009

Student Perspective - Sarah Bruce


Coming to National Convention has been a new experience for me, and a fun one too!

We arrived in Indianapolis on Wednesday to nice weather. That day was a busy one and the first session was held. It was amazing! Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs spoke one of the most inspirational speeches I have heard. It truly was awe-inspiring. Then to top it all off we got great seats at the Toby Keith concert! It was a great day overall to kick off convention. :)

Thursday we had another session that was also inspirational. In the evening we went to Beef and Boards with dinner and a show. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was the show, and it was great.

Today I got to lend a helping hand with Habitat for Humanity, which was a first time experience. It feels so good to help others. Putting up siding, painting, and just helping out with even the smallest of things can impact a person's life.

I suggest coming to convention next year. There are so many things to do and learn here. FFA is a great organization! I've had a blast! I'm sure tomorrow will be great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment