Friday, October 23, 2009

Student Perspective - Heather Lehe


So far National Convention has been a blast! As this is my first year to go to Nationals and it has opened my eye to a lot of new places and opportunities. We've gone to the Career Show both days and with a room bigger than any at our school full with free "stuff" advertising for agricultural related subjects. Our shoes are getting shorter each day, wearing off as we walk between our activities! The escalators have been a big help (and entertainment) for all of us. Robin and I were judged this morning at 10 and my nerves didn't hit until Mr. Martin told me that we would probably be the next called. We finally got to laugh and we were ready! It's nerve-racking to wait for a day to find out how we did! Our evening fun has been so much fun. Toby last night was a once in a life-time opportunity here at Nationals, and tonight at Beef and Boards the musical was also a once in a life-time opportunity. A good play with good actors, and with Robin next to me, a very fun time. I can't wait to complete this week and hopefully continue to come back for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment